Re: is this possible ?

From: rob <rob_at_dsdelft.nl>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:16:32 +0200

> I'm running an oracle 8 database instance on an NT server. Is it
 possible
> to copy (not move) this database to another volume or even another
 directory
> on the same volume, and create a new SID for it ? I want users to be
 able
> to point to one database for production and another for testing.

This is possible by "cloning the database". You'll have to copy/restore all the datafiles to a new location and do a "create controlfile" command. Search the internet for "cloning oracle database" for specific instructions.

Rob. Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 08:16:32 CEST

Original text of this message