Re: Archovemode and nologging tables

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_NOSPAMiname.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 00:07:55 +0100

Michal

Use the UNRECOVERABLE keyword in you SQLLDR session. The data loaded will only generate invalidation redo (ie if you need to recover oracle will in theory just discard the loaded data) which is a lot less than full redo. Any other changes made to the table by normal SQL are logged to the redo logs.

NOTE: Media recovery will not include that data until you have backed up the tables loaded.

Regards
Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle
www.brainbench.com