Re: Archovemode and nologging tables

From: Michal <michalp_at_cr-media.com.pl>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 22:22:30 +0200

> Have you looked at turning archive off (ARCHIVE_LOG STOP) and loading
> with the direct option?
> --
>
> Joe.
>
> -- Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool!

I've considered such possibility but the point is that this is not the only one database (meaning a set of tables for certain purpouses) on this server, so in that case i should restrict all other sessions and then turn off archivemode. This is possible only at night which doesn't satisfy me at all. I've tried with nologging tables and nologging tablespaces
and all the inserts are written to logs. I also know that oracle has implemented
temporary tables but only in 8.1 versions. I work with 8.0 so i can't use it.
Maybe there are some udocummented hints which can create temporary table, or help me in any other way?

Thanks in forward

--
Michal