Re: GCC and oracle libraries

From: Mike Krolewski <mkrolewski_at_rii.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 06:28:34 GMT

In article <3A60929D.B1338651_at_maps.ugsolutions.com>,   Etienne Detroit <no-frelling-spam_at_maps.ugsolutions.com> wrote:
> I installed gcc on a couple of my employer's E250's (Solaris 2.7)
> mainly to compile tools like openssh, sudo, etc. Now the Oracle
> developers are asking of they can use it to compile C/C++ code and
> link to the Oracle libraries. I cannot see any reason why not but I
> figured I had better ask before committing myself.
>
> So, can gcc link to oracle libraries or should I just tell them to
> license the Sun compiler? Any gotchas I need to be aware of?

gcc works just fine. The only major problem is the really funky arrangement of libraries required by Oracle.

Just follow the makefile provided and include the appropriate include paths for the libraries and include files and you should be fine.

--
Michael Krolewski
Rosetta Inpharmatics

Sent via Deja.com