User Interaction

From: David E. Estes <destes_at_state.pa.us.CANNEDMEAT>
Date: 12 Jan 2001 20:27:15 GMT

I'm working on a system that will import data from a flat file into an Oracle database. I'm modelling my system on an existing one that reads from a file w/ a fixed name; I've got a handle on how to work with the UTL_FILE package. The problem I'm encountering is this: I need to provide the user with a method of selecting a file from a specific directory. The data directory is fixed and will never change; what I need to do is provide the user with a list of the files to be imported, and allow them to choose the file to be processed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

David E. Estes Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare Office of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services
Remove the spaces from the addres below E-Mail: DEstes _at_ state.pa.us