Non-Updatable fields

From: That Guy <klauder_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 21:05:53 -0500

2 tables, parent-child. Child has a Foreign Key Constraint Enabled. On the parent table I only want a few fields in a row to be Non-Updatable only if a Child row exists on the child table. I currently have trigger on the parent table
to If Updating Select count(*) of child row = parent, and not allow updating if this is greater than 0. Is there an Oracle Function to see if there is a Foreign Key Row on the Child table? Any suggestions on making the tirgger more efficient, or
any other solutions besides security?? Received on Wed Jan 03 2001 - 03:05:53 CET

Original text of this message