Re: JDK Hang due to SQL Query

From: Kevin B <kbass1_at_nc-rr.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 14:48:02 GMT

If your delete statement is deleting large numbers of rows, this will cause your delete statement execution time to be long and possible timeout. When deleting large numbers of rows in Oracle, you should perform commits on a regular basis or in intervals. This will assist you with completion of deleting large volumes of data. Try performing commits after every 500 rows.

Kevin

"Adrian Ting" <adrianting_at_post1.com> wrote in message news:3a4dff07$1_at_news.starhub.net.sg...
> Hi, i am facing a major problem in my current development.
>
> When I send a SQL query (through servlets) to Oracle8i via the Oracle thin
> driver, it always seem to hang my JDK with one set of SQL statement --
> particularly
>
> DELETE FROM table_name WHERE table_id='xxx'
>
> This statement has been tested through both a regular
> statement.executeUpdate() as well as a preparedstatement.executeUpdate()
 and