connecting to a DB...?

From: Michael Fuchs <fuchsmi_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:12:13 +0100

Hi!
I'm running an Oracle 8i (806) Server on a win2000 machine. I have to create some masks with the developer 6.0.
my database is running. it's called "testdb". now, can someone explane to me how i can connect to this DB with the develloper? with what system (net8, easy net, ODBC etc)? i don't know that i'm doing wrong, maybe there are problems because i have two oracle home-directories (C:\orant and C:\ora8i).

so, it would me nice of you if someone could explane to me the connection-string system and how i set up my database with net8 (or what ever).

thx
michi Received on Wed Dec 27 2000 - 11:12:13 CET

Original text of this message