Re: connecting to a DB...?

From: Biss Is Ignorance <bliss_is_ignorance_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 00:08:48 +0800

Hi Michael,

There is a problem in connection Oracle 8 to Developer 6. There is an inbuilt tool that allows you to do the connectivity.... but I can't recall it right now... However you could try this... from

oracle home\network\admin copy the file tnsnames.ora to

developer home\net80\admin

(please make a copy of the existing file in target directory before doing this)

Now try connecting from D2K to Oracle. It should work.

(I assume your Oracle is connecting properly thru SQL*PLUS)

Let me know

Regards
Aparna