Problem get a correct SQL result set

From: <jd_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 17:30:26 GMT

**Please do not reply via e-mail. I will be checking the thread of this message for a soluation. Thank you!***

I hope someone here can help me with my SQL statement.

I have 3 tables, one of them being an intersection (junction) table. I need to return all records from the junction table that are associated with a record of one table but also show all other records from the other table that have not been assigned.

To clarify, let's say I had a table of images and a table of locations. My junction table would be the images assigned to specific locations. Based on the image_id, I want to see all locations it has been assigned to (junction table), plus all other locations I could assign it to (location table). I need a column that would indicate 'Y' or 'N', whether they had already been assigned to that image.

If anyone can help me on this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

JD Received on Sun Dec 24 2000 - 18:30:26 CET

Original text of this message