Re: Nextval

From: Biss Is Ignorance <bliss_is_ignorance_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 18:34:42 +0800

Hi,

To use nextval you first need to create a sequence

SQL> Create Sequence Id_Seq;

Now suppose the table into which you want to insert values is EMP and column is ID give the command

SQL> Insert Into EMP (ID) Values (Id_Seq.NextVal);

In case you do not want to use a sequence you can also try the following command

SQL> Insert Into EMP (ID) Values ((Select Max (ID) + 1 From Emp));

Hope this helps

Regards,
Aparna