Re: Timer based trigger on the database level

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:01:32 GMT

No trigger or procedure runs all the time: a trigger runs when triggered by insert, update or delete of data, a procedure runs when called.

From what I understand, you could:
- write a procedure, using dynamic sql (see "based on input from a table") - queue that, using the dbms_job package to run every x minutes.

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel