MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY etc.

From: (wrong string) æ <zoran.jankovic_at_inet.hr>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 14:20:17 +0100

Hi,
Once again, here I go, same old problem, but with more details this time, so please, bare with me :-)
This is my table, created with sql statement, using shp2sdo.exe:

SQL> describe parcele;

 Name                                                  Null?    Type
 ----------------------------------------------------- -------- ------------
-------
 ID                                                    NOT NULL NUMBER
 LEV                                                            NUMBER
 GEOM
MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY
 KCBR                                                           VARCHAR2(10)

This is one line from it:

SQL> SELECT PARCELE.GEOM FROM PARCELE WHERE KCBR='247/1'; GEOM(SDO_GTYPE, SDO_SRID, SDO_POINT(X, Y, Z), SDO_ELEM_INFO, SDO_ORDINATES)

SDO_GEOMETRY(3, NULL, NULL, SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1, 3, 1), SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(54669205, 50157425, 546 69254, 50157470, 54669424, 50157267, 54669385, 50157229, 54669351, 50157205, 54669205, 50157425))

Can I, or can I not access the data for particular _points_, i.e. vertexes of this closed polygons?
If it can't be done this way, does someone have an idea how to accomplish this task.
Once again, I have some parcels, designed in MicroStation as closed polygons. I transfered them first to shp
(using Geomedia), than to SDO, using shp2sdo.exe I found at technet web.
I need to have access, ideally, to each and every point, knowing to which parcels it belongs.
In the same time, I must be able to list particular parcels and all the points that belongs to them.
I use Oracle EE 8.1.5 on a Win 2000 box, and have Geomedia Professional (3) and MicroStation 95.
Can this be done, or at least a part of it? Where can I find _detailed_ info regarding Oracle Spatial and this?
(The info in User's guide isn't that specific).
I confess I have very little experience in Oracle Spatial, but it seems I cannot get in touch with someone that knows more. I just don't know where to begin?

--
Zoran Jankovic