Re: Trying to implement our database (SQL-server) in ORACLE.

From: <stbras_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/01/21

We used dbartisan, but we couldn't / can't get the views to work. (Transporting views from SQL-server to Oracle).

We keep getting error messages.

stef ten bras
stbras_at_hiscom.nl

In article <3887D87B.293A5976_at_epix.net>,   klingfam_at_epix.net wrote:
> I use Embarcaderos product dbartisan and it works fine version 5.03
> also the have a schema manager this works very good as well.
> If you have a problem with Embarcadero's program they will help you
 for
> free during your 30 day eval.
>
> Bill
>
> stef ten bras wrote:
> >
> > For our product we will be supporting two databases.
> >
> > MS-SQLserver and ORACLE.
> >
> > The database was build in MS-SQLserver, mainly using the
> > SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
> >
> > At the moment we are evaluating DBArtisan from
> > Embarcadero (http://www.embarcadero.co.uk),
> > to get the tables from SQL-server towards ORACLE.
> >
> > We have transported our tables, indexes and constraints.
> > But up to now we haven't been able to transport our :
> >
> > Views.
> >
> > And also not the diagrams, stored procedures and triggers.
> > (But these are all less inportant than the views).
> >
> > Does anybody have a workable way to transport the views
> > from SQL-server to ORACLE.
> > (Most problems stem for joins (outerjoins specificaly)).
> > If there is a solution for transporting from ORACLE to
> > SQL-server, then we might consider this for the future.
> >
> > We wil be continueing with both products and would like to have
> > a procedure / tool to transport the metadata etc. from one
> > to another. Doing the maintanance on both databases, makes
> > it more funarable to mistakes.
> > Doing the conversion of views by hand is very errorprone.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > stef ten bras,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message