Re: Is oracle 8 joking with me?

From: KengLao <lklao_at_macau.ctm.net>
Date: 1999/11/25

Increasing INITRANS (even to 100) doesn't solve the problem.

It's true there is a note in 'Oracle8 Server Concepts' about increasing INITRANS when using serializable transactions.

 "Under some circumstances, Oracle may have insufficient history   information to determine whether a row has been updated ty a 'too   recent' transaction. This can occur when many transactions   concurrently modify the same data block, or do so in ver short   perior. You can avoid this situation by setting higher values   of INITRANS (at least 3) for tables that will experience many   transactions updating the same blocks."

I follow it, but it doesn't work. Is it a bug?

Keng

Jonathan Lewis ず甧 :