Re: Binding a result of a query to a textbox variable

From: Frans Hovenkamp <Dieze_at_popin.nl>
Date: 1999/10/06

Mike Phillips heeft geschreven in bericht
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to insert into a textbox, the value returned by a query. I am
>using:
> SELECT company.companyid into :employee.companyid from company
> where :employee.txt_company = company.companyname;
>
>:company.txt_company is a textbox value that contains the name of the
>company that user entered.
>Based on that name, I want to search the company table for the ID of this
>company and display that
>ID onto :employee.companyid textbox. But the code gave me the following
>error:
>
>"FRM-40735 PRE-INSERT Trigger raised unhandled exception, ORA-06502"
>
>What is this message ? How can I assign the result of the query to a
>textbox variable?
>
>Thanks,
>Mike
>

>Mike, you would probably be better of if you put these lines in a
Post-query trigger an in a when-validate-field trigger (on companyname). Are you sure however that you want to look-up the id depending on the name? Usually id's are unique, companynames may not be! hth
Frans Received on Wed Oct 06 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message