Re: Solaris Priority Paging and Database products.

From: Steven Hauser <hause011_at_garnet.tc.umn.edu>
Date: 1999/09/14

Solaris 2.6 e5000 with priority paging on, a crappy Anacle 7.3.4 database, 8cpu, 1.5GB RAM, about 1.5GB virtual memory used, shows higher page scanning and pages freed (sar -g) than when priority paging is off ( high "pages desired" and paging in and out)

We think we like the priority paging better. But it is an incremental affect, closer to 5-10%, not a 300% improvement in our memory starved environment.

Steven Hauser email: hause011_at_tc.umn.edu URL: http://www.tc.umn.edu/~hause011