Oracle Errors ORA-03113 and ORA-01041

From: Craig Read <craig_at_ina.com.au>
Date: 1999/09/02

Hi Everyone,

I hope somebody can help me with these errors. Sorry for cross-posting to non-Delphi news groups but I'm at a loss to why this is happening.

I have a Delphi 4.0 client (with the latest updates including BDE 5.10) communicating with Oracle 8i. Everything was fine up until today. :( Then I came in and our tester showed me the following messages coming up on his screen.

"Lost communication with SQL server. ORA-03113: end-of-file on
communication channel."

followed by

"General SQL Error. ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension
doesn't exist."

At first, I thought it must be something with his config. So I tested it on my machine. And guess what, I have exactly the same problem. :(

The program was using a stored procedure to return a ref cursor from a view. That was pretty slow, so I spent most of the day converting it to query the tables directly by creating the SQL dynamically at the Delphi. Still no go!

I then tried running the SQL for the original view (which is big and has 4 unions) and got the same error.

Please email & post any suggestions as I'd like to fix this ASAP! Email will get to me quicker.

Thanks in advance,

Craig Read... Received on Thu Sep 02 1999 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message