Re: How to monitor table load?

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: 1999/07/08

Bear in mind that deleted rows do not immediately translate to space available for inserts. This only happens at a block level as the fill rate falls below the PCTUSED setting that is against each table or similar object. The other way is to export the table, drop or truncate the table, and import the data. this repacks the data to the level of PCTFREE in each block and resets the table High Water Mark HWM.

For information the PCTUSER by default is 40% which means that the data block will only start to refill after entries are deleted to the point where there is 60% or more space in the block.

I trust that is clear.

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)
                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document
are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd.