Re: is "product" a reserved word in oracle 8 or sql server 7?

From: Graham Miller <lgmiller_at_elmrd.u-net.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 12:36:27 GMT

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:42:09 -0700, "Greg Dulli" <no_at_no.com> wrote:

> Will it be troublesome as a table name?

Depends on what you describe as 'troublesome'.

I have tried creating a table called'product' in the local user. I also created a table called 'begin'. It all seems to work as you expect (perfectly).

Feel free to use reserved words (and mixed case) for names of tables and columns. However, you may need to use names of objects in speech marks (" - ascii 34)) to get Oracle to recognize them. It all works fine from version 7 onwards.

graham Received on Sun Jun 27 1999 - 14:36:27 CEST

Original text of this message