Re: Undo capability

From: David Pattinson <david_at_addease.com.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:51:11 +1000

Depending on how complex the transaction, you can do this sort of thing by keeping your own log of the transactions and generating reversal syntax to undo them. This is not something I'd recommend unless you are prepared to spend quite a bit of time getting it right :) Of course transactions which update multiple, interdependant tables with for example autoincrementing keys and triggers are an absolute nightmare to do this with...

David.