Disable trigger does not work in personal oracle7???

From: Alex Balagour <Alexander_2_Balagour_at_sbphrd.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:45:34 -0400

Hi,

I hope that someone can help me with the following problem. I am using Personal Oracle 7. Right now I am doing some testing on the db, and for that I want to disable certain triggers, and I want to write a procedure to do that. I have looked in the books, and it should have worked. I looked all over, but nothing, please help!

Here is what I did, and it failed to work: Under "Stored Program Units" I created a new "Procedure"

        PROCEDURE PO7.ASDF IS
        BEGIN
        ALTER TRIGGER PO7.TRG_ACTDATES_DLT DISABLE;
        ALTER TRIGGER PO7.TRG_AE_DLT DISABLE;
        ---  etc.
        END;

Here is the error message that I got:

        PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "ALTER" when expecting one of the following:

           begin declare exit for goto if loop mod null pragma raise
           return select update while <an identifier>

<a double-quoted delimited-identifier> <a bind variable>
<a single-quoted SQL string> << close delete fetch lock
insert open rollback savepoint set sql commit The symbol "declare was inserted before "ALTER" to continue. PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "DISABLE" when expecting one of
the following:

           := . ( _at_ % ; not null range renames default

Any suggestions are greatly appriciated! Alex Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 14:45:34 CEST

Original text of this message