Looking for Oracle feature within Sybase

From: Robert Greenwood <robert.greenwood_at_citicorp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:20:32 -0400

Hi

I'm looking for anyone who knows about the PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE table found within Oracle who can tell me if a similar feature exists within Sybase. It allows database privileges to be enabled or disabled based on your username and the name of the application which was used to connect to the database.

E.g.

SQL*Plus    user1    INSERT      DISABLED
SQL*Plus    user1    UPDATE      DISABLED
SQL*Plus    user1    DELETE      DISABLED

This prevents 'user1' from changing the database when connected via the application "SQL*Plus" which is actually what I'm trying to do within Sybase.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Rob. Received on Thu May 27 1999 - 15:20:32 CEST

Original text of this message