exporting/porting Oracle 5.1.22 to ASCII

From: Richard Spelling <richard_at_spellingbusiness.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 15:33:25 -0500

Hi.
I have an old Unix machine (SV R3.2) running an app based on Oracle 5.1.22.

I'm framiliar with Unix and DBMS's in general, but have never worked with Oracle before. Can someone point me in the right direction for porting this database to a comma delimited file?

Anybody have any suggestions places to start? I don't want to just start running executables from
/u/oracle/bin to see what will happen... <grin>

Any good basic tutorials online? Anybody have any book recommendations? Oracle in a Nutshell?

Thanks

--
Richard
Spelling|richard_at_spellingbusiness.com|http://www.spellingbusiness.com