Re: More benchmark bullshit, and Linux luser mating calls... (was Re: Linux betas NT in TPC testing, running Oracle8

From: Anthony Ord <nws_at_rollingthunder.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 17:22:09 GMT

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:56:39 +0200, mawarkus_at_t-online.de (Matthias Warkus) wrote:

>It was the 27 Apr 99 21:58:41 GMT...
>..and David Brower <dbrower_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:

>> >Can someone point out how to do linked lists and binary
>> >trees without them?
>>
>> (a) Array indeces
>> (b) object references (which need not be pointers)
>
>You mean Pascal pointers?

Object Pascal pointers (let's be correct) and C++ pointers. Java pointers run around saying "We're not pointers, we're not pointers!" - but they are as well.

>mawa

Regards

Anthony

| And when our worlds                   |
| They fall apart                       |
| When the walls come tumbling in       |
| Though we may deserve it              |
| It will be worth it  - Depeche Mode   |