Re: More benchmark bullshit, and Linux luser mating calls... (was Re: Linux betas NT in TPC testing, running Oracle8

From: Anthony Ord <nws_at_rollingthunder.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:38:42 GMT

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 02:20:45 GMT, cbbrowne_at_news.hex.net (Christopher Browne) wrote:

>On 26 Apr 1999 15:09:00 GMT, The Ghost In The Machine
><ewill_at_lexi.athghost7038suus.net> wrote:
>>On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:54:19 -0400,
>>Joshua Schaeffer <electric_ninja_at_email.msn.com> wrote:
<snip>
>>I suspect there are performance issues in ext2fs as well, but it's
>>not clear that I'd want to go to NTFS, a journaled file system, or
>>something like HPFS (Apple's system) just because of that.
>
>There are two kinds of people:
>1. Those that know enough to know how to implement filesystems, and
>2. Those that don't.

What about those who could implement something like FAT, but nothing more sexy than that?

>Those that don't know how to implement filesystems are reasonably likely
>to lack the knowledge necessary to evaluate the *CLEAR* superiority of
>one FS over another.

Regards

Anthony

| And when our worlds                   |
| They fall apart                       |
| When the walls come tumbling in       |
| Though we may deserve it              |
| It will be worth it  - Depeche Mode   |