How to get into Oracle development

From: Rob G <rob1grie_at_home.com>
Date: 1999/03/16

I'm hoping to get recommendations for the best way(s) to get into Oracle development. I've been programming in Clipper for about five years now and see that going nowhere real fast.

        Programming has been just something I do on the side, having a
"real job" that keeps me too busy to go to school. No doubt there are
several good books out there, but I get the impression that they're mostly for people that already know Oracle.

        What would also help tremendously is if I could buy a used copy of Oracle development software, probably an older version (realizing that it may have been called something different than
"Developer" in past releases). And again, since this is something
that I'm just doing on the side I don't have a lot of money to spend.

Thanks for any help and suggestions. The best way to respond would be through email.

Rob G.
rob1grie_at_home.com Received on Tue Mar 16 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message