Re: tnslsnr consuming CPU

From: Gene Homan <homang_at_pcisys.net>
Date: 1999/02/18

That's exactely what it does guy. If you see a listener eating large amount of cpu usage (and you can't account for it with user or app connections) then you have a potential problem.

First, look in the listener.log (O_H/network/log I think) and see if there are any noted errors. Secondly, call Oracle support. The Net guys can help you run traces and other tracking tricks to find causes for the unusual action. Of course, the first thing I would do is take the listener down and relink the network executables just to make sure everything was clean.

Gene Homan
UNIX Technical Analyst
Oracle Worldwide Support

Al Parker wrote in message <7abvt0$dtk$1_at_garnet.nbnet.nb.ca>...
>Greetings,
>Does anyone know why a tnslsnr process would run ready (80-90% CPU usage)
 on