Re: Help! where's Pro*C/C++??

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: 1999/02/05

As a further thought, have you tried the Oracle Objects for Ole? This contains code for using Oracle objects within VB and C++ programs...You may be able to use them to include Oracle functionality in your C programs...

Check their Web site for a trial download... www.oracle.com/downloads ( I Think; the www.oracle.com part is right) .
cary_at_nams.net wrote:

>Hi, Mark,
>
> The Oracle Programmer product can be purchased for $995 and includes
>various programming interfaces and precompilers (including the one for ProC).
>Still, your point is well taken. Even $1K seems a little steep for putting
>some basic Oracle functionality into your C/C++ programs. Whoever was pushing
>you towards Oracle Designer and Oracle Developer clearly did not understand
>your needs and could benefit from additional (or any?) sales training. From
>what you have stated in your posts, you only need Oracle Programmer and not
>Designer or Developer.
>

>Dr. Cary Lapoint
>

>In article <36bae087.1199414_at_news1.lig.bellsouth.net>,
> markd_at_bellsouth.net wrote:
>> On Thu, 04 Feb 1999 16:52:46 GMT, johng_at_nospam.mm.com (TurkBear)
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I believe that ProC is now a part of the Programmer/2000 tool set, and is not
>> >included with the other ( Developer, Designer, etc) packages...
>>
>> I also verified this after spending an hour on the phone trying to get
>> someone with a clue at Oracle. The white paper for Personal Edition
>> is very misleading as to what comes with it, and is nearly worthless
>> to me without the precompiler. Oracle wants $5K for the developer
>> tools - gee, that's only 13 times what I paid for OPE8. Outrageous
>> highway robbery...

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Fri Feb 05 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message