Re: Help! where's Pro*C/C++??

From: MarkD <markd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 1999/02/05

On Thu, 04 Feb 1999 16:52:46 GMT, johng_at_nospam.mm.com (TurkBear) wrote:

>I believe that ProC is now a part of the Programmer/2000 tool set, and is not
>included with the other ( Developer, Designer, etc) packages...

I also verified this after spending an hour on the phone trying to get someone with a clue at Oracle. The white paper for Personal Edition is very misleading as to what comes with it, and is nearly worthless to me without the precompiler. Oracle wants $5K for the developer tools - gee, that's only 13 times what I paid for OPE8. Outrageous highway robbery... Received on Fri Feb 05 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message