Products companies: Oracle Tools

From: <wkhedr_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1999/01/19

I like to see one of the Oracle tools that are available in the market now to implement my idea for the security manager.

All DBAs like to have in database navigators the ability to grant objects' privileges to other users or roles but usually they are controlled by Oracle security that does not allow anybody except the owner or someone else who has been granted the same privilege with grant option to do this.

Other problem is to compile a stored procedure owned by another user and this procedure references a private database link.

I do not like this security constraint because it contradicts with the power the DBA has already.

I implemented an idea that allows DBAs to do what they want.

I like to see it implemented and used.

If any product company need to discuss it, it can reach me in email:

waleed_at_gis.net

Thanks,

Waleed Khedr