Problem backing up archive log files with EBU

From: Laurenz Brein <laurenz_brein_at_at.ibm.com>
Date: 1999/01/14

I am using Oracle 7.3.3.3.0 with the Enterprise Backup Utility 2.1.0.1.2 and ADSMConnect Agent for Oracle 2.1.7 on AIX 4.2.1.

I'm doing online backups, which works fine, except for archived log files.

It says 'Starting ARCHIVELOG file building:', displays the correct directory where the archived log files reside, but after
'Ending ARCHIVELOG file building' it gives me:
'No archive log files found at destinations to backup'.

However, there are newly generated archive log files in the directory.

When I turn on tracing (OBK_DEVDBG=0x000000ff) I get debug messages as follows:

brcjbkblda-18510: Skipping directory <log file path>/arch0000000086.arc [ brcjbkbldar ]

Which is strange because this is an archived log file and not a directory at all.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks,
Laurenz Brein (laurenz_brein_at_at.ibm.com)

--

    * Every day I see the morning come on in the same old way. *
* I tell myself tomorrow brings me things I would not dream today. *