Which is better - more tables or more DSN's ???

From: <john_kozubik_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1999/01/14

We currently have 50 MS access databases each with their own DSN that we use to access them with ODBC. I am in favor of moving the single table from each database into one single database and using one DSN.

What is the tradeoff? I am of the mind that we will achieve faster performance having all of the tables in one place, and be more prepared for disaster recovery, as we only need to set up one DSN. I want to make sure, however, that I am not degrading database performance by placing all 50 tables in one database. Eventually there will be upwards of 2000 tables in there (as opposed to eventually having 2000 DSN's)

thanks,

john