Re: How to insert BLOBs / images

From: <miguel_pascoe_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/12/07

There is no Oracle utility (to my knowledge) that is designed for this. I have been able to use SQL*Loader to load BLOB, with a little tweaking. The control file would look something like this (I am doing this from memory):

   load data
   infile test.blb "recsize=24628"
   into table test_tab
    (
    blob raw(24628),
    len constant 24628
    )

where "blob" refers to the LONG RAW column, "len" refers to the size of the BLOB, and 24628 is the filesize of the BLOB.

You can also write an OCI or Pro*C program to load the data.

Cheers,
Miguel Pascoe
miguel_pascoe_at_mercer.ca