Oracle 8 / Winsock2 Woes

From: Jody L. <indulger_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 13:07:51 -0500

Forgive my terminology, I'm a little green at this.

My question:
Is there an Oracle 8 client available (new) that is compatible with Winsock2? We're using net80 from a custom VB5 app against an Oracle db. I've got 8.0.4 and it is incompatible with Winsock2 as far as I can tell. What can I do to ensure compatibility between my application/Oracle connection and winsock2?

Furthermore, I just got Visual Studio 6.0 and installed Interdev & VB 6 (one or both require Winsock2) and my Oracle connection ceases to function.

So far the following pieces either install, or require winsock2 (as far as I can tell):
Win98
Personal Web Server 4
Java VM
Visual Studio 6.0

I imagine this list will grow rapidly. Help!

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Oct 07 1998 - 20:07:51 CEST

Original text of this message