Re: Row Level Locking

From: Max Hugen <maxhugen_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 1998/09/22

No Dan, row level locking refers to a method of locking records so that two users can't attempt to change the same row at the same time. Access doesn't support row level locking, incidentally.

What you can use - and there's a few approaches - is a parameterised query. Check out 'parameter query' in Help.

In your case, the underlying query will no doubt include a field like 'ManagerID'. Set the criteria to a variable which you've obtained from the user validation process.

Cheers, Max %\

--
MAX HUGEN
Hugen Enterprises, 207 Flood St, Leichhardt NSW 2040, Australia