Row Level Locking

From: Dan Slater <dslater2_at_cscmail.csc.com>
Date: 1998/09/21

I'm developing a db to be accessed from the web. It's been recommended to me to use Cold Fusion w/Access or SQL server.

However, the core requirements of this db is to allow a manager to log on and view/edit ONLY the employees that report to him/her (usually around 25 employees per manager out of a 7500 record table).

Is "Row Level Locking" what I'm trying to do?

My experience with db's outside of Access is limited. Can anyone help?

Dan Slater
dslater2_at_cscmail.csc.com Received on Mon Sep 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message