Tuning/sizing problem

From: Sunit Patke <supatke_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: 1998/05/12

We are using a HP box (K series) with 6 CPUs and 2GB RAM. This system is primarily used for OLTP kind of application developed in PowerBuilder.

Software was developed by third party and most of the SQL is dynamic. The load on the system varies from 100 to 750 users (concurrent). We have installed MTS.

We notice the folloing:

  • Upto a load of about 300 users the system works OK.
  • Above this the system CPU usage shoots up to 100%
  • Memory usage is about 75%

We re in the process of tuning this system.

My questions are:

Is there anyone out there operating a similarly sized system? Has anyone else faced similr problem?
What are your init.ora parameters?
Did you make any changes to HP-UX kernel parameters?

Thanks

Sunit Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message