Determining if a record is locked

From: Kent Anderson <anderske_at_agcs.com>
Date: 1998/03/04

Is there a way to tell if a record is locked without actually blocking on it?

My situation is that we have two processes acting on the same tables in a database. If the first process updates a record, then the second process's update on that record will block until the first process ends its transaction.

Is there any way for the second process to determine if the record is locked so it can put it off until later?

--

| Kent Anderson Phone: (602) 581-4332 |
| Engineer E-mail: anderske_at_agcs.com |
| AG Communications Systems |
| Phoenix, Arizona "Expand the power of you network" |
| Visit us on the web at http://www.agcs.com |