Re: Which Database (MySQL, Oracle, mSQL, Protgress etc.)

From: Philip J. Lewis <philip.j.lewis_at_writeme.com>
Date: 1998/02/22

What !!

Earth calling morons.

>>MySQL(mSQL) : Is a light weight RDBMS, ...
>>lacks advanced features like transactions and others. Runs on Linux!!

This is a contradiction in terms. NO database lacks the feature "transactions". Anything which calls itself a database which does not have this "feature" is not a a database but a trivial file management toy. Get real !!

By the way, This is a newsgroup for OracleRdb (or so I thought) so why are we discussing this rubbish her ???

cheers
pjl Received on Sun Feb 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message