Re: ms-sql vs oracle on NT or UNIX?

From: Paul Brewer <paulb_at_pbrewer.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/02/19

We've found NT to be a very stable platform (for Oracle 7.3), provided it is (as Billy says) properly configured. I certainly wouldn't use an OS that needed a reboot weekly, or even monthly. Main point though; I wouldn't even THINK about using MSSQLServer. Reason? If we need to scale quicker than NT can, we can just drop the OS, and if necessary the hardware, and just move the database to another platform. That isn't an option with SQL Server. Just my 2 cents.

--
Paul Brewer