Problem with International Configurations

From: Carles Massalle <cmassalle_at_pgirona.scs.es>
Date: 1998/02/18

I have been developed a client-server aplication using MS-Access 2.0 as client and Oracle 7.1.3 as server.
This aplication uses a table that contains these field:

valor -> not null number(7,3)

(both fields are included in a primary index)

In the server, the Oracle are configured to be used in spanish language: LANGUAGE=Spanish_Spain.we8iso8859p1
NLS_LANG=Spanish_Spain.we8iso8859p1

In the client, the Access uses Spanish configuration defined in the Windows Control Panel.

When I want to insert a row into field described before with a decimal value, the ODBC Oracle driver returns the error "ORA-01722: number incorrect".

I thing the ODBC Oracle driver translate the SQL command with decimal point (for exemple 999.9 as english style) and the Oracle server expects the SQL command with decimal comma (for example 999,9 as spanish style). I write the number in a spanish style into client aplication.

Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

thanks

Carles Massalle
Institut Catala de la Salut
Departament d'Informatica