Re: Unique Key Problem

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1998/02/17

In article <6cc9b1$b8g1_at_reader2.wxs.nl>, Hero R. Post <HERO.POST_at_ORAP.NL> wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>We are experiencing a weird problem that even the guys at Oracle can't help
>us with.
>The problem is this:
>On one table, one user (the owner) can insert rows, but another user (with
>the correct rights to the table) get a unique constraint violation
>(ora-00001).

Does the problem still happen when the constraint is disable? do you have other disabled constraints on the table? Is there a null keyed record in the table, and if so, does the problem briefly disapper when the record is removed?

>>>The record referenced by index is absolutely not present,
>>>Both users access the table via a synonym
>>>and I am positive that the rights and roles are correct. Other tables do
>not seem to have this problem.
>
>Has any one seen this problem before.
>And can any one give us a hint on how to solve this.
>thanks
>
>Hero R. Post
>
>hero.post_at_orap.nl

Thinking out loud...

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry_at_eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com