Losing Access to Database Procedures from Forms

From: Sandy Thrasher <sandra.thrasher_at_MCI2000.com>
Date: 1998/02/09

We are Running Oracle 7.3 and FORMS 4.5. We are experiencing problems accessing STORED PROCEDURES from the FORMS. The errors received is something like "PROCEDURE Not declared in this scope". This problem seems intermittent and can happen to 1 developer, but not his neighbor connected to the same server. The next moment, the neighbor could have access, but not the first person. A developer can get the problem and sometimes recompile a program unit in order for it to go away. In all cases, developers are able to log into the database using SQL*PLUS with the same database connection as FORMS 4.5 designer and access the stored procedures.

We can not find a consistent work around and are experiencing work loss.

I hope someone has some good advice.

Thanks,

Sandy Received on Mon Feb 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message