Re: Oracle Error 1858 in BO: against a partition view

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/02/04

Krishna K. Kurup wrote in message <34CED59A.72CAA6B2_at_kna.com>...
>We have a Warehouse running on Oracle 7.3.3 with BO as the front end
>OLAP tool.
>
>Has anyone seen error ORA-01858 while querying with Business Objects
>against a partition view with enabled partitioned constraints (on DATE).
>
>Surprisingly the query runs fine when run straight against the database.
>Its through BO which is giving the error message. If you disable the
>constraint, BO returns the result. Its quite baffling.

Never seen the above problem (we're not using partition views), but have had some funnies with BO. BO is IMHO an excellent tool, but there seems to be a couple of bugs that raise their heads at the weirdest of times - like returning incorrect numeric results, sometimes displaying joins incorrectly etc. These funny results we pick up immediately as they do not make any sense. Maybe there's a problem when BO interprets certain objects in the BO universe?

regards,
Billy Received on Wed Feb 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message