Re: 3 problems in Forms4.5.

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1997/12/23

In article <34A08A40.11B7_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>, Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
> I am using Developer 1.3.2 on Windows 3.1.
> Currently, I develop an application in Forms 4.5.
> Sometimes, when I compiled the PL/SQL program, a message like "Maximum
>cursor exceed" was shown. What are the possible causes of this problem
>and how to solve it?

The problem may be you are using up cursors and not releasing them, or you may simply be using a lot. The solution is to reuse them, and/or up the number you have defined. open_cursors is defined in your initxxx.ora file, which defines the startup of your server database (where xxx is your instance name, this file would likely be in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs on your server). If it is not defined, it defaults to 50. It's setting depends on usage of the database, so the answer is (drum roll...) "See your Data Base Administrator."

comp.databases.oracle is a defunct group, so don't post there.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry_at_eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com