Re: 3 problems in Forms4.5.

From: Haakon T Soenderland <haakonts_no_spam_at_online.no>
Date: 1997/12/23

In article <34A08A40.11B7_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>, c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk says...
> Hello all,
>
> I am using Developer 1.3.2 on Windows 3.1.
> Currently, I develop an application in Forms 4.5.
> Sometimes, when I compiled the PL/SQL program, a message like "Maximum
> cursor exceed" was shown. What are the possible causes of this problem
> and how to solve it?

This is a server message. Your DBA (or you) need to increase the maximum open cursors parameter for the database. See your server DBA manual(s).

> Moreover, when I am using delete_list_element function
> [delete_list_element('aaa', i)] to delete an element from the list item,
> a message said "List item index is out of range" was shown. But I am
> sure that the index (i) is within the range. The Forms documentation
> said this error is caused by run out of the memory. But my PC has 400M
> free space and over 40M RAM. Could anyone tells me what are the possible
> causes of this problem?

Forms 4.5 is very memory hungry. Also, since you are running on Windows 3.1 it doesn't really help to have more memory after a while, since you might use up the under 1 MB area first. But then again it might just be another bug.

> Lastly, I have the difficulty in using the 'Search/Replace PL/SQL' in
> Edit menu. For example, when I want to change 'a' to 'a1', the first 'a'
> is highlighted. After I press the replace button, the focus is still in
> 'a'. How can I skip the current 'a' and continue to find the next 'a'?

I don't have forms here, but isn't there a find next button or something?

Haakon

--
Core Technology AS
www.core.no