Re: Creating Access DB from Oracle

From: Michael Holman Sr. <mholmansr_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 1997/12/21

I've only read about a conference speaker giving full details on the Migration process of ACCESS to ORACLE which read as follows:

http://www.oracle-users.com/html/dba.html

East Coast Oracle Developers Conference
ECO’98 on Broadway!
Marriot Marquis Hotel
New York City
March 1 - 4, 1998

Oracel 8 Database Administration Track:

Database Tuning: Porting a Microsoft Access Database to Oracle

This presentation will discuss the changes needed to port a Microsoft Access application to an Oracle database. These considerations included: column definition changes, index changes, distribution of data, primary key changes, and query tuning.

Beth Wolfset

Beth Wolfset is a certified Oracle DBA. She has been involved in database administration and data administration for more than six years. She is currently working at Applix, Inc. after having recently been employed at Private Healthcare Systems and the MITRE Corporation. She has presented at ECO'95, '96, and '97, the NEOUG, and the NEIUG.

--

MSN AA Forum Staff
Holman's World