Re: Getting data from existing dBase tables into Oracle incl memo fields

From: Nandan Kalle <kalle_at_pzena.com>
Date: 1997/12/22

Oracle's VARCHAR2 datatype can be extremely long (I'm not sure what the actual limit is). It can probably accomodate your memo fields. If not, I think you can use the LONG datatype.

To actually upload the data, Borland has a tool called Database Upsizing Wizard which is extremely useful. It's shipped with Borland Delphi, and it may be available as a separate tool. Alternatively, you can use MS Access w/ ODBC drivers -- but I'm not sure how ODBC deals with memo fields, so you better test it first!

Best of luck. Received on Mon Dec 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message