Unable to End Hot Backup

From: Gary Schyve <gschyve_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/12/17

nms-5004: Unable to End Hot Backup

Has anyone seen this error before? I don't see any information in the online docs that is truly helpful.

We have two instances (Test and Prod) running on Oracle 7.3.3 Workgroup Server. One of them (Test) completes the hot backup just fine, but the other (Prod) bombs every time it tries to end the hot backup of the tablespace that hold our indexes. When I look at the actual backup copies of the datafiles, the file that holds our indexes looks like it backed up fine, but then the entire backup job doesn't complete - there's still one more datafile to be backed up for that instance. It appears that the first 7 tablespaces backup ok. Then the 8th one (the one with our indexes) fails. Then the 9th (last) one doesn't even start backing up.

gschyve_at_worldnet.att.net Received on Wed Dec 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message